More than 100 guests including some of the country’s most inspiring creatives and many of Auckland’s leading design showrooms congregated on the Roxy Rooftop Terrace for the exclusive launch of Urbis Designday 2012 and the big reveal of the designer pairings.
This year’s creative talent - a fusion of designers from the worlds of fashion, art, architecture, interiors, furniture, landscape, spatial and graphic design – are currently collaborating with their showroom partners to create a series of temporary installations, open to the public for one day only on Saturday 24 March.
The Urbis Designday 2012 theme is ‘Colour in Motion’ and it is up to the design collaborations to decide how they interpret this within their showpieces.
The designer and showroom pairings for 2012 include:
- Design 55 + World and Reuben Paterson
- ECC Lighting & Furniture + Zambesi and Auckland War Memorial Museum
- BoConcept + Leeann Yare and Huffer
- Spazio Casa + the team at M.A.C Cosmetics (with Amber D.)
- Essenze + Rachael Lovelace
- Coastal Design + Kathryn Wilson and Touch of Spice
- Resene + Kohler Design Centre + Art Associates
- Fisher & Paykel + Alt Group
- Hewlett Packard + Unitec
- Hafele + Xanthe White
- Douglas & Bec + Workroom Design
- MINI New Zealand + Material Creative and Urbis (and Photobooth Fun)
Urbis editor Nicole Stock said, “Urbis Designday is one of the most anticipated dates on the design calendar - it’s the big day out for the design world. It’s a fun and engaging experience and an amazing platform for the creative industries to step out and showcase their original designs and thinking.
“We’re excited to see how the designer pairings will transform the showroom spaces and the new and unexpected ways the installations will come together.”
Tickets are now on sale at eventfinder.co.nz for $30 per person or $50 for a double. The ticket cost includes chauffeured transport around the showrooms throughout the day and decadent and interesting hospitality along the way. The day runs from 10am to 5pm on Saturday 24 March.