Auckland’s waterfront has seen a major style revival in recent times. From the Wynyard Quarter to Britomart, endless new spots for coffee, lunch and dinner have cropped up and towards the Britomart end in particular, a growing collection of fashion boutiques and elegant stores, including Kate Sylvester, WORLD, Zambesi, M.A.C cosmetics and Jo Malone.
L’Assiette, Shakey Isles and Precinct Café offer relaxed coffee or lunch options in the Britomart Precinct, or for something more substantial there’s the character-filled settings of Mexico, Cafe Hanoi and Ebisu. Neighbouring Tyler St. Garage offers an alfresco option atop the roof deck.
Also in the area is an artist-run gallery, Gloria Knight, and The Cloud, designed by Jasmax for the Rugby World Cup, which takes pride of place on Queens Wharf. Further along the waterfront can be found the Maritime Museum and the Moller-designed Viaduct Events Centre.
- Maritime Museum, Viaduct - maritimemuseum.co.nz
- Gloria Knight Gallery, Wynyard Quarter - gloriaknight.co.nz
- The Cloud - queens-wharf.co.nz
- Britomart train station - britomart.co.nz
- Silo Park, Wynyard Quarter - silopark.co.nz
- Cafe Hanoi, Britomart - cafehanoi.co.nz
- Tyler St Garage, Britomart - tylerstreetgarage.co.nz
- Ebisu, Britomart - ebisu.co.nz
- L’assiette, Britomart - lassiette.co.nz
- Mexico, Britomart - britomart.org/mexico
- Rushworth, Wynyard Quarter - northwharf.co.nz
- Precinct Café, Britomart - theprecinctcafe.co.nz
- Made, Britomart - madestore.co.nz
- Zambesi, Britomart - zambesi.co.nz
- Kate Sylvester, Britomart - katesylvester.com
- World, Britomart - worldbrand.co.nz
View the below video, ‘Sounds of Sea’, by Amelia Harris.